Monday, October 24, 2011

2011 Streak Day 284 (Friday Oct 14th): And then nothing happened


2011 Streak Day 284 (Friday Oct 14th): walk 1 mile time 20 min Weather - pleasantly warm

My exercise was a quick walk around the block first thing and my photo is of early morning blackbirds (I don't know if they were quite early enough to catch the worm though). It was a short walk because I had to be in for a delivery, which I was told would take place any time between 8:00 and 18:00.
In other words it was a day of circumscribed freedom, leading to frustration and general pissed-offness when nothing came. Damn - rescheduling and another day of waiting!
The strange thing was that although I felt frustrated at the end of the day, there was no reason why I should have done. OK my actions were limited in that I could not go out or get on with the decorating (which was at the top of the house where I was worried I would not hear the door bell) but there were plenty of other things to do and overall I was quite productive (I did the accounts). Nevertheless I felt grumpy and had some work to do to untangle that feeling.
It made me think of something I wrote about a couple of days ago when I quoted the phrase "The spirit in which you do something is often as important as the result". Today although the result was good the spirit was tainted by a sensed lack of  freedom.
This leads naturally to thoughts of mood and outlook can affect running - but I think I will leave that for the next post.

No comments: