Monday, October 10, 2011

2011 Streak Day 263 (Friday Sept 23rd ): A beautiful morning


2011 Streak Day 263 (Friday Sept 23rd ): Walk 4 miles, Time 1hr 5min, Weather - a beautiful autumn day
It is amazing what a difference a little sun can make.
This morning I looked out of the window and saw both a layer of mist and a rising sun. You could tell that the day was going to be warm and that the mist would soon be burnt off. You knew it was going to be one of those days that can persuade you that autumn is the best season.
I felt a great desire to take some photographs. I was keen to find some of mist hovering over water, with boats catching the early rays of light. I rushed out of the house.
During grey days I sometimes struggle to find enthusiasm because I know pictures will look flat. There have been far to many grey days this year. But clear autumn light is a wonderful thing and you have to take advantage of it when you can.
Unfortunately I was a little too late - the mist had just about gone when I arrived at the canal. But it still looked wonderful. It still felt good to be alive.
Everything was waking up. People were starting work in the boat, people were walking and cycling along the towpath. It was the perfect time of day.
P.S. I wont even apologise for the fact that this is the third canal photo in a row

No comments: