Friday, September 23, 2011

2011 Streak Day 237 (Friday Aug 26th): Feebleness ascending


2011 Streak Day 237 (Friday Aug 26th): Walk - 1 mile, Time - 20min, Weather - grey



It cannot have escaped the notice of any eagled eyed reader that I have fallen behind in my blogging and am writing this in retrospect, trying to catch up. Partly this is because the last 3 or 4 weeks have been difficult.

From the last couple of posts you will have noticed that things had not been going well. The run on Tuesday had been a failure - something that should have been routine became impossible; Wednesday’s walk had been hard with my mind fuzzily elsewhere; and on Thursday I just watched a cat.

On Friday it became clear that I was not well. I had a cough, headache, my chest that felt it was being squeezed, and my legs felt watery weak.

So what about the Streak? The condition is that I have to get out of the house everyday and do something for 365 days. What to do?

For some stupid reason I did not want to give it up. As I wasn’t completely incapacitated I decided to keep going as best I could, doing the minimum. It would be not very much but at least it would be something.

I don’t know whether that was very smart because the infection dragged on and all I did was survive. They were days of emptiness with nothing much to report. I will thus whisk through the upcoming days with very brief posts marking the days and showing I kept going but little more.

For many of those days all I did was walk to the park at the bottom of my road and walk back again. On Day 237 the fair was still there to give me some extra colour.

No comments: