Sunday, September 04, 2011

2011 Streak Day 222/365 (Aug 10th): Leaving

2011 Streak Day 222/365 (Aug 10th): Run 2.5 miles, Time 27min  Weather - a clear blue sky and fiery sun bringing in a hot clear day. Perfect weather, except we are leaving.

The run was good and it was impressive to be up and out by 7, given the amount we drunk the night before. 
There was a sadness that this would be the last run of the holiday. Nevermind the holiday this is perfect training country, with empty roads that undulate. Running is fine at home but it feels better here. But all things must end and it is time to be going back. Although I thoroughly enjoy my holidays in the back f my mind I always have the feeling they are an interlude. Although I appreciate the remoteness, being cut off from all news, the feeling that the rest of the world is a million miles away, it does not feel like home.  When all is said and done I still feel part of England. It is the place I understand. 
Morning was spent packing and cleaning then away at mid day. It is a long drive to Caen so we decided to break it up with a visit and picnic at Venise Verte. This was a good idea as it is a lush, relaxed area, full of people idling about on bikes, eating, or punting on the canals. In other words a great holiday area.
There is little to say about the rest of the day. Roads are roads and driving is driving.
We arrive, eat and then board. The photo is of of our last wistful look at France. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read that I'm not the only one who gets incredibly attached to holiday locations. I'm even sad you're leaveing France!!!