Wednesday, September 07, 2011

2011 Streak Day 224/365 (Aug 12th): Another ending

2011 Streak Day 224/365 (Aug 12th): Run 2.21 miles, Time - 21min 26sec, Weather - greyish and dull no enlivening characteristics


On holiday I managed to get up at 6:30 and go out for a run before breakfast. Could I carry on at home?  Sometimes I have done it but never consistently. Is it even worth the effort?
I thought I would would give it a go to see if I could establish a virtuous habit. At first it was good as I felt the flush of pleasure that comes from knowing that you have won a small victory. I enjoy seeing the beginning of the day and the town waking up and early morning runs are a grand thing.  I thought this for about a mile and then my stomach complained - all that joggling up and down was not to its liking.
Bugger! I managed a couple of miles but then had to walk, gently back home. 
From this point the experiment of early morning runs is formally abandoned. It is too hit and miss. Some days are fine but others are a disaster and I can see no pattern as to what would cause the variance. It is just not worth worrying about - so I won’t. 
The picture comes from later in the day when I walked in the park. It was full of people enjoying themselves in various ways. These kids were on their way to the skate park to do jumps and tricks.
The weather might be remarkably dull - but it is still the school holidays. People still need to get out to play.

No comments: