Monday, January 30, 2012

Janathon 2012 Day 30: A bit chilly


Janathon 2012 Day 30: Cycle - 10 miles, Time 50min, Weather - cold

I didn’t really fancy this today. Not only was the temperature was little above freezing, I felt extremely lethargic. It would have been very easy to can everything and stay in the warm but if I had done so I would have felt defeated  - and that is not at all a good feeling.
But even after I started there were temptations to abandon. I had only gone a few yards before noticing my headset was loose and needed adjustment. Back in the garage it would have been very easy to say “well that’s it! the omens are in opposition.” But we are made of sterner stuff than that. All that was needed was a quick internal debate as to what would count as the minimum distance and an agreement to do just that, at no great pace. For some reason I decided on 7 miles but ended up with 10.
When I returned cheeks were red, ears were cold and my nose was runny - in other words the normal results of exercising on a winter day.

No comments: