Sunday, January 22, 2012

Janathon 2012 Day 22: Overheard


Janathon 2012 Day 22: Run 5.9 miles, Time - 1hr 12min, Weather - blowy
This rather rigid form of base training is odd in that your muscles feel that they are making an effort but you are not breathing heavily, so you don’t feel you are working hard. In fact breath passes so softly and gently across my lips I am hardly aware of it. 
My pace is still very slow and I haven’t managed to up it but what has happened is that I am able to run for longer with a stable heart rate around my target level. This is actually real progress. I still don’t know how much this is going to help me in the long term but as if I am seeing some/any improvement I am prepared to continue and take the future on trust.
The run itself was uneventful except that I have another fragment of a conversation to add to my collection of parts of phone calls overheard when passing.
“And he just said UUUUURRRGGGHHH and stormed out and I then said to ....”
With so many people talking on their mobile phones there are many of these: snippets floating around. So many stories so few clues.

No comments: