Friday, January 27, 2012

Janathon 2012 Day 27: Hanging tyres


Janathon 2012 Day 27:Run 4 miles, Time - 48min, Weather - bright and clear
Enough of me wittering on about base training. Today is all about using your eyes.
Almost everyday I pass the skatepark and look to see if it is empty or full (early in the morning you can guarantee empty) or if there are any kids performing tricks - I like to watch stunts. My eyes are always focussed on the metal slopes and jumps and I see little else.
Today for the first time I looked up at the trees next to where the kids hang out (most BMX time seems to be spent hanging out). The bare branches are adorned with old inner tubes, tyres and trainers. How have I not noticed them before
We see so little of the world - just enough to make a coherent picture but certainly not everything. Even the familiar can still contain surprises

No comments: