Saturday, January 14, 2012

Janathon 2012 Day 13: Base training as an act of faith


Janathon 2012 Day 13 Run - 4.5 miles, Time - slowly slow, Weather - clear but chilly


Another depressing run (if you can call it running). Trying to keep my heart rate down meant I was shambling along wondering when things were going to get better. “How long does it take for the training to have some effect” I kept on asking myself. So far there has been no change, not even a tiny sliver of hope to offer encouragement. “Early stages” I say to myself just keep carrying on.
So this is what it comes to an act of faith. 

But there is a big difference between running and a large scale life philosophy, whether that be religion, politics, or any other core belief. With running there is evidence - actions can be taken and the results looked at.
My plan is to base train for at least a couple of months, running every other day. If at the end of that time I am still being overtaken by old women with shopping baskets than all I have lost is 2 months. In the grand scheme of things that is nothing

No comments: