Sunday, June 13, 2010

Plodding


Juneathon day 13: run 9.23km, time 58min

So far there have been no animal pictures for this year’s Juneathon - an obvious lack. It is easy to rectify, all I have to do is to run across Boxmoor, rather than the adjacent canal path. in different areas of the Moor there are usually sheep, cows and horses grazing. Today I ran by the horses and took this photo. I must admit I felt a certain amount of empathy watching the horse slowly plod across the field with her head down. I could almost hear a sigh.

Although I was not sighing, I was slowly plodding. But that was OK - it is all part of the plan. My whole idea for this Juneathon is to run every session at an easy pace; not taxing myself with speed, excessive distance, or steep hills. I don;t want any hard sessions which require recovery time. Instead I want to rediscover some consistency and get used to the idea of automatically getting out of the door, without thinking.

So far so good. Almost two weeks of exercise. This plan might just work.


Juneathon statistics 13/13
Run 9/13
distance 61.86km
time 5hr 37min
Cycle 2/13
distance 39.8 miles
time 2hr 58min

Gym 2/13
time 1hr 35min

1 comment:

Adele said...

Ah, what a beauty!