Sunday, June 27, 2010

Keeping Going


Juneathon day 27: run 10.69km time 1hr 6min

Another failed attempt at getting up early - after several internal debates inertia won and I left it too late. On hot days like today you really have to get out by about 7 or wait until evening. So it was evening.

It was interesting running after the football because I passed two pubs festooned with English flags. I wonder how much longer they will stay up. I tried the judge the mood to see if there was any agro after such a poor display but there wasn’t. The whole atmosphere was one of resignation and carrying on drinking in the warm sunshine.

I ran along the disused railway track that links Hemel to Harpenden on a straightforward out and back route. it was remarkably peaceful. I only encountered two couples walking their dogs, one man resting on the fence having a smoke, and four cyclists. Most of the time I was in a world of my own.

It felt hard though. I struggled but was determined to run 10k. I might not be on tip top running form at the moment but I take some satisfaction in the fact that I am keeping going

Juneathon statistics 27/27
Run 19/26
distance 143.72km
time 13hr 35min
Cycle 5/27
distance 81.8 miles
time 6hr 16min
Gym 3/27
time 2hr 05min

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo! If this horse was on my route it may be enough to get me out of bed in the morning to run. But its not and I don't. Lovely description of the national feeling there, comiserations from the land of the unexpectedly decent Samurai Blue.