Monday, May 30, 2011

2011 Streak Day 149/365: The owl service

2011 Streak Day 149/365: Run - 4.03 miles, Time 37min 47sec, Weather - first overcast then blue sky
My running is not getting better or worse - I am going at the same speed and feeling just as tired. I had hoped for some signs of progress but it has not happened.
I cannot do much about this apart from keep-on and retain a faith that there can be improvement in either speed or stamina. Patience, patience, patience - the running mantra. I have to always keep this in mind - especially as I am not in a training phase at the moment. All I am doing is getting back into running.
Although I have said I am not interested in my speed it is actually quite difficult to ignore. I have to make a deliberate attempt to keep it out of my mind.
Today was actually quite tiring as I also went to the canal festival and walked a further 5 miles. Once there there were a lot of people milling around the towpath, looking at the boats, and so walking could only be done at a shuffle. This is more difficult than striding-out at a decent pace. A pose between standing and moving is difficult to maintain.
The photo is from the bird of prey display.
The kids in the middle of the arena had been used to demonstrate the silence of the owls flight. They had lain down and an owl had flown low over them. They were told to indicate when they heard it - but of course they never did. (the photo was taken afterwards when they were sitting up and watching the flight)
I rather enjoyed the birds of prey, especially as a number of species were on display under a canopy and one could see the size of a golden eagle and vulture against a tiny owl or a kestrel.


No comments: