Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2011 Streak Day 135: Another run in the park

2011 Streak Day 135: Run - 3.66 miles, Time 34min 47sec, Weather - a little chilly



Because the weather was grey, overcast and a little chilly there were not many people in the park, so it was a quiet run. There was not much that caught my eye as I passed and I had nothing on my mind that required thought. I ran and that was enough.
Another run and already two weeks have been completed without harm.I am beginning to think that I am on the path to recovery.
My plan is simply to run 3 times a week, gradually increasing the distance. I am not planning any long runs or speed (?) sessions or any targeted training; for a couple of months as the only aim is to re-establish a running constancy. I do not want to force anything or worry about how quickly or slowly I am going; instead I want to concentrate on running easily. My only mantra is: "keep upright; relax the shoulders" because I have a belief that good form comes from the way the shoulders are carried. Everything else can take care of itself.
I must admit I am enjoying the idea of going right back to the beginning, stripping away pretensions and having the sense of a fresh start. 
Todays picture is a detail from the Old Town Hall, which is now an arts venue. It is a covered yard, which was once a market.The reason I too the photo is to show a practice, much more common in the Nineteenth Century, of dating a building and naming the people responsible. It not only shows pride in what has been achieved,  it helps succeeding generations to read the building more easily.
It has nothing to do with my run except that I pass it on the way to the park.

3 comments:

Adele said...

I'm really, really pleased to hear you are going at a brisker pace again (I won't say the 'r' word).

Highway Kind said...

I am quite pleased that things seem to be holding together. I think I got a bit carried away though when i put my name down for Folkestone!

Adele said...

I was surprised - and delighted - that you are climbing on board the Folkstone train, but what a great goal to aim towards, lots of time to build up slowly.