Monday, May 16, 2011

2011 Streak Day 133/365: Winchester Cathedral

2011 Streak Day 133/365: Walk - 4.5 miles, Time - 1hr 40min, Weather - chill wind, variable sky

Most of the walking today was around Winchester at a leisurely pace.
The photo is of a light sculpture by Peter Freeman in the grounds of Winchester Cathedral. Obviously in the light of day it is mostly a shiny metallic object but I am sure in low light and at night it will come to life. It has a rather neat feature in that you can text a number to change the display - somehow having an interactive piece seems suitable for the surroundings.
As it was the middle of the day my interest was in the way it reflected its surroundings. I was fascinated by the fact that I could position myself to take this photo and yet remain invisible. Somehow at certain, narrow angels, there was no reflection. I could walk around it: se myself, see myself, and then suddenly disappear.
What fun you can have with cunningly shaped mirrors!
From the exercise point of view there s nothing much to report. If I was not in the middle of a project to take some exercise every day. This would not have been classed as exercise; it would have been classed as exploring an attractive city. Nevertheless I did walk four and a half miles and so deserves to count.

No comments: