Monday, May 23, 2011

2011 Streak: Day 143/365: The fun fair comes to town

2011 Streak: Day 143/365: Run - 3.9 miles, Time - 36min 46sec, Weather - very windy with dark grey clouds

This was a surprise.
Down to the park for my run and lo and behold the fun fair was arriving and beginning to prepare for the bank holiday weekend. My first thought was that the arrival of lorries, caravans, and equipment would mess up my loop something rotten (runners are nothing if not self obsessed) but I was lucky as no more vehicles came.  More will probably come tomorrow.
I don't know how long it takes to get a fair ready, perhaps this year I will keep a check. However even as a young boy I was not very interested in fairs (I just couldn't find the fun), so perhaps I will not be keeping a very close eye.
In the event the run was fairly tough with a strong gusting wind making parts of the loop much harder (unsurprisingly I didn't notice the wind's help on the other sections). Although I am determined not to pay too much attention to speed I am monitoring how I feel and I am a little disappointed that I am not finding it easier. Mostly I am running about the same pace and feeling about the same. I was hoping for gradual progress but perhaps I should not worry. I should be satisfied that I am back running again and so far everything is holding together.
It is all a matter of priorities. it doesn't matter too much how well I am doing; the important thing is that I am doing.

No comments: