Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2011 Streak Day 137: Bucket in river

2011 Streak Day 137: Walk - 3.2 miles, Time - 1hr,  Weather - overcast and cool
An upturned bucket in a river! is that the most exciting thing I have seen? 
Yes - it's been a dull day.
What can you do? Some days the world seems alive with interest, whilst others are grey, overcast and your mood is the same.
It's on days like these that my self discipline breaks down and I wally about, not getting out the door - not doing the exercise I planned. Today it was going to be a cycle ride - all very straightforward, except I had some tasks I wanted to complete first. 
You can guess the rest: everything took longer than I thought and by the end of the afternoon I still had some errands to run in town. So I walked down and that has to count as the day's exercise. 
When I move out of this phase, of background fitness, and start proper training for an autumn half-marathon, such days cannot be tolerated - there can be no backsliding.
The photo though has some interest as it looks like an improvised warning sign. It could almost earn a place in my series. Except of course it isn't. It is just an upside down bucket.

4 comments:

Adele said...

B for bucket, b for beautiful. Not in the slightest bit dull.

Highway Kind said...

Yes I rather liked the idea of labelling a bucket with a big B (it might of course stand for Bob the Builder)

Revrunner said...

I was just about to say . . .

Adele said...

:) And in the right colours too.