Thursday, June 30, 2011

Juneathon 2011 Day 30: Half Way

2011 Streak Day 181/365: Run - 8.49 miles, Time - 1hr, 23min, Weather - pleasant, cloudy blue sky
Bikes dredged from the canal

So this is the end of Juneathon! The final day and the longest run since I started again last month. Not only that I didn't feel bone weary from the first footstep to the last (so I must have recovered from the virus).
Lots of reasons to be cheerful.
But this, of course is not the end. It is merely the beginning of the end. I have now completed six months out of twelve of exercising everyday. In other words I am at the mid-way hump.
This is reflected in my mileage and time figures. June has been my lowest month. In January I covered 315.8 miles in 48.5 hrs, whilst in June I only covered 171.2 miles in 33.5 hrs.
In fact my mileage has declined month on month throughout the year, gradually adjusting to what needs to be done to keep the streak going.
So congratulations to all those who had a strong Juneathon and were competing at the top of the various mileage tables or reaching their personal targets. I am more than happy with my mid-pack effort if for no other reason than I now feel confident that I am running again.
My running mileage was 60.8 miles 9.6 hrs, whilst last month it was 41.4 in 6.6 hrs. Steady progress is all I wanted.

4 comments:

JogBlog said...

Well done and good luck with the second half!

Anonymous said...

Well done. And continued good wishes for your voyage back to increased running.

zoecakes said...

I'm feeling relieved that I've finished exercising everyday and you've still got six months to go - that's impressive, well done! Hope your running continues to go from strength to strength.

Jogalog said...

Well done and good luck! What you're doing makes Juneathon look easy.