Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Juneathon 2011 Day 20: Taking it easy

2011 Streak Day 171/365: Walk - 2.3 miles, Time - 50min, Weather - blue skies, white cloud that turned grey in the afternoon
The reason for yesterday's run feeling harder had nothing to do with the shoes. I was sickening for something and the run was the canary in the mineshaft.
Today I woke up with a sore throat, headache, and aching limbs - all the normal symptoms of a mildly inconvenient virus. The only sensible response is cut back on activity, curl into oneself until it washes itself away - over time.
But I want to keep the streak going and so for a few days I will be doing only a minimal amount of exercise. Today I even took my car to the canal so that the walk only included the good stuff.
Whilst there I saw water overflowing one of the lock gates  - gushing with an energy my body did not posses. I like these contrasts. There I was feeling like a long drink of water,  yet here was the canal showing that water could be a force

No comments: