Wednesday, March 09, 2011

2011 Streak 64/365: Cleaning Windows

2011 Streak 64/365: Walking - 5.17 miles, Time - 1hr 50min, Weather - still grey



You never know what you are going to see.

Whenever I set out my main concern is finding a photograph. Exercise is not the  problem because it is mainly mechanical - you  know your legs will  turn, you will move forward, the job will be done; but I as I pass through familiar streets I have no idea if I will see  anything interesting. 

Mostly this is an attitude of mind: on somedays everything can be intriguing, whilst on others it is all flat and grey.

Today was mostly flat and grey until I saw these window cleaners abseiling down this new apartment block, dancing from side to side.Their grace, ease, and confidence was captivating. 'Could I do that?' I kept on thinking. 'Could I do that high above the ground, suspended by a rope?' The answer is of course no. I would be cramped with anxiety.

So I was full of admiration and instantly my sense of wonder returned. I continued my walk with sharpened senses and a greater sense of enjoyment.

No comments: