Saturday, February 19, 2011

2011 Streak 50/365: Balance

2011 Streak 50/365: Walking - 4.65miles, Time - 1hr 20 min, Weather - hovering between wet and damp
Oh no not another abstract photo!  When it rains it seems I am attracted individual drops of water clinging to different surfaces. it must be some sort of reflex.
This is from the local skate park and is a horizontal rail. I am quite fascinated by this place with its metal swoops and curves and industrial look and can see myself returning many times before the year is out. You never know I might even take some photos that show what it actually looks like.
I am impressed by how difficult it looks and the balance and confidence the kids must have to tackle it. I really do not know how they do it. My activities require little balancing ability - perhaps because I don't have much. Cycling is the only thing that requires some sort of balance but that is so instinctive it doesn't feel like anything and I am not very skilled. I am, for example, unable to sit upright and pedal along without hands: I need to cling on.
What I do is pretty one dimensional, low-level exercise. I can find no great virtue in walking about a bit. Today I was passed by runner, who was moving easily, but nevertheless fairly fast I imagined the times he would post in a race and thought they would be decent. Me - I have no bragging rights.
My pleasures and satisfactions are different
For example today is the 50th day I have been out, taken a picture and written something about it. I am actually quite proud of that. I always struggle with consistency so managing 50 days is not at all shabby

1 comment:

Adele said...

Not shabby at all, and all enjoyable reading and viewing. Looking forward to the next 50!