Sunday, January 30, 2011

Janathon Day 30: 100 + 200

Janathon Day 30: Cycle - 15.6 miles, Time -  1hr 09min, Weather - Initially the same as yesterday but halfway the clouds lifted and there was some blue sky. Still cold though.
If this was June we would all be done and celebrating by now. We would have completed 30 days and be wondering about how to keep up the momentum. But no! January is not only a lot colder it lasts longer - an extra day is needed.
Nevertheless I have reached my targets: I have walked 100 miles and cycled for 200. So a mild celebration is in order after all. Mind you I did not know it was a target until 3 days ago when I realised I had cycled 138 miles and there were enough days to reach 200 quite comfortably. 
When I started I had no concerns about distance as the only plan was to get out each day and take a photo. But it is amazing how recording figures changes your outlook and you start to set yourself other objectives. It is another small example of how the act of measuring changes what is measured.
As this is my last ride of Janathon I thought I ought to retrace one of the routes to take a photo of the real alpacas (rather than a photo of an alpaca poster). So here it is: a bucolic scene of alpacas gently grazing in a field. It all worked out rather well because the day had started out the normal overcast grey but when I reached the alpacas the cloud had lifted and for a few moments the sun broke through. Photographs are so much better when there is light and shade.
All in all a good morning.

2 comments:

Adele said...

Oh yes, those are definitely alpacas! Well done on all that mileage, lovely round figures.

JogBlog said...

I'm going to round up my mileage to 25 today. Bit feeble, really, compared to everyone else.

Well done on your mileage and thanks for the alpaca photo.