Monday, January 17, 2011

Janathon Day 17: It was wet

Janathon Day 17: Walk 8.6km, Time 1hr 50min, Weather wet


Yes it was that wet! I can do no better than use a horse's head to show the soaking we received.
To those who rather smugly say "there is no bad weather, only bad clothing" I say 'Pshaw!' My anorak is perfectly fine and my boots are waterproof, but I still huddle into myself when it is pouring. The underlying mood is defensive, rather than expansive. 
Nevertheless there is fun to be had. As long as you don't have to go too long and get too wet and cold, walking in the rain is enjoyable. It is more than feeling virtuous for not hiding away; it is an actual sensory pleasure. There is the sound of the droplets as they hit your anorak, the movement in the air as you see the rain fall, the ripples and splashes in puddles, and a clean taste to the air. Best of all is the sense of still and quiet when the rain stops.
I don't think the horse thought it was the best of times: he looks as if he thought the rain just went on a little bit too long.

9 comments:

JogBlog said...

That soggy horse doesn't look very happy!

Highway Kind said...

Life cannot be too great if you are left out in a wet muddy field

sue said...

Horses are clever animals - they don't mind the rain at all and actually love it when they can cover themselves in glorious mud!
That hangdog poorwetme look is to draw sympathy and a treat from your pocket!

I also love walking in the rain, especially if I'm in waterproof gear. It's best in the woods when it's quiet and all sensible people are indoors by the fire ☺

Anonymous said...

He could do with a nice hat.

Highway Kind said...

Sue I'm sure you are right. I am sure he wanted a treat but he was disappointed as I had nothing on me.

TH Yes but the hat was stolen by yesterday's monkey

Anonymous said...

That horse just needs a good run!

Philippines Real Estate said...

Let the horse work on. just like boosting up your business, need the sun and the rain for you to be stronger. Horse getting stronger if finds an endurance through the heat of the sun and the cold of the rain.

real estate licence course said...

hopefully it works for the best. Thanks for sharing the details here.

Condominium Singapore said...

Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good.