Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Janathon Day 25: Breathing

Janathon Day 25: Walk - 7.25km, Time - 1hr 20min, Weather - mostly overcast


Today"s walk around Berkhamsted could cause me to get grouchy about private education and inequality (after all this picture shows about half of the playing fields of Berkhamsted School) but I don't want to do that. I do not want to be miserable. 
I want to talk about the joy of being outside; walking, looking around, sing to oneself, greeting passing runners, and just feeling that this is really a pleasant part of the world. I want to talk about the freedom of have no fixed route, nowhere specific to go to, the luxury of taking decisions on a whim - knowing there would be no consequence,  the opportunity to stop and watch some chaffinches in a field before noticing a song thrush. I want to talk about these things because they are the reasons for what we are doing.
I want to talk about being in the open and the simple pleasure of breathing.

That is all.

1 comment:

Natalie Bowers said...

Couldn't agree more. I love being outside and just walking and looking and being. It makes everything better somehow.

Lovely post. :-)