Monday, June 01, 2009

Juneathon Day 1


Tired of the old descriptions of the world,
The latest freed man rose at six and sat
On the edge of his bed. He said,
“I suppose there is
A doctrine to this landscape. Yet, having just
Escaped from the truth, the morning is color and mist,
Which is enough
From The Latest Freed Man by Wallace Stevens


Yes that was me rising early to look at the landscape, feeling like the latest freed man.

Yesterday was meant to be my long run but I over slept and dilly dallied around until it was far to hot to be out for over two hours . So I saved the long run for today with the idea of starting Juneathon with intent.

My plan for the rest of the month is to take my camera with me on every run and post a photo. Last year I had a rule of waiting until the midway break but this year I will be more relaxed and will look for things at any stage of the run. The change is necessary because I only have a small number of routes and do not want to endlessly repeat the same pictures.

Day 1 stats:
Time running 2hr 10min
Distance 23km
Music running: none
Music post run: Moondog

6 comments:

Phil said...

Nice one look forward to the pics.

Eva said...

Thanks for posting on my blog and well done on your first day. Looking forward to the pics.

Adele said...

Oooh, we get to see some stats!! How exciting! How are you finding the Garmin/footpod combo?

[rich] said...

Looking forward to the snaps :-D

Highway Kind said...

Ah yes stats.

I thought at the very minimum I ought to keep a record of how much time I spend on this. Though Running time means just that as i cut out all the breaks I take

Em said...

Well done. Looking forward to pics!