Friday, June 05, 2009

Stock Run


When I set out my intention was to take a photo of Nash Mill being demolished - to keep some sort of record of the changes being made and write a little about the history of paper making (obviously a staple for any running blog). But that will have to wait. I passed a barge with a dog sitting so calmly by the tiller that he looked like a boat owner enjoying a moment of peace of quiet. It had to be today's picture as I am unlikely to see it again.

This is what I like about my route - every time I run it there are new things to see. Some of the boats are familiar but others are new and there are always different people passing by. I think it is important for stock runs to have enough variety so stop them becoming boring, which is why I feel lucky to have a nearby canal.

Juneathon Day 5 stats:

Running time - 55 min
Distance - 10k

5 comments:

jogblog said...

When I lived near the canal in London, I was never sure if it was ok to take photos of the boats, thought the owners might object.

Highway Kind said...

The dog didn't seem to mind

The Virtual Runner said...

I'm in berkshire so I head for places like Dinton Pastures etc.

There are canals around here but not exactly near where I live.

You're doing well with Juneathon so keep it up.

I've also taken your advice and I still haven't run (even though I want to).

Anonymous said...

Canals are brilliant - I've loved watching the seasons change and, as I'm plodding away in the beating sun, thinking that not long ago the barges were having to plough through ice. And dogs driving barges are even better (although nothing compares to the van driving owl I saw in a pub car park once).

[rich] said...

Paper making is ace! But not as cool as a dog steering a boat ;-)