Friday, April 29, 2011

2011 Streak 115/365: A gentle wander around St Albans

2011 Streak 115/365: Walk - 3.17 miles, Time - 1hr 5min, Weather - a lovely sunny bank holiday


Easter Monday was a lovely sunny bank holiday. According to my plan it was an easy day so we went to St Albans for a wander around the cathedral and the nearby park.
I am very fond of St Albans Cathedral and the way it clearly shows how it was built and developed over time. It is not a patchwork - it is honest. I also like the way you can see that it used materials at hand, whether that be left over roman bricks or flint stones.
Later on I will post some pictures and talk about it in more detail but for now I want to show the summery nature of the day. Many people were out and about, enjoying the sun, relaxing on a holiday.
I took this picture of a mother and daughter making daisy chains. It is one of those timeless activities. Generations upon generations have done this, probably on this spot. Somehow that thought gave me pleasure.

No comments: