Sunday, June 15, 2008

Photothon 10: Sunday morning


I remember a time when Sunday mornings were like this: getting up fairly late, down to the newsagent for the papers and then a leisurely read before lunch, dinner, the pub, whatever.

Now it is possible to revive that pattern – I don’t. I don’t even buy Sunday papers (I prefer the Saturday Guardian to the Observer). Instead I am out on a longish run, trying to build up my stamina. It is mildly paradoxical that when I was at, what should have been, my physical peak I enjoyed those lazy days, now I am past it I am engaged in this futile quest for lost conditioning. Ho hum, never was that good at timing.

But I like this picture because it reminds me that we all need days where we are at our ease.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Heh just the other day i was talking to the wife about how we used to get up at about miday on a Sunday and take a slow walk to the pub for dinner. Drink far to much and Monday was hell.

Since having a kid we have not had a lie in for 4 years, i swear.

Highway Kind said...

Yes kids certainly impose their own rhythm.

The key thing about a Sunday is not feeling you have to do anything in particular. With kids you always have to do something