Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Photothon 1

A number of very fine people have decided to run every day in June i.e. participate in the Juneathon. I'm not sure I am up to that as I believe in rest days. However I feel I ought to do something and so have decided on a photothon. At the furthest point from the start of my run/walk/cycle I will find something to photograph. With any luck this will help me to look around with more attention.



I had not looked closely these lock gates before. They are almost like giant, overgrown filing cabinets. So, if you like, this is a picture of my outdoor office.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to run every day, just exercise every day. I can't run every day, I'd get injured like I did last year in Juneathon. Nice photo.

Highway Kind said...

Ah any exercise. I could pobably be quite creative with that.

In the meantime I will see how consistent I can be with the photos (probably not very).

warriorwoman said...

Well I like the photothon idea, and you've started it with fine one. I cycle past a load of locks on my way to work and think they are fascinating. I don't think any have that nice carpet of moss and greenery but I'll check more closely.

Anonymous said...

Gosh that's lovely, so lush! You run in a beautiful area it seems.

Highway Kind said...

WW - there will probably be a lot of locks as the canal is my main destination.

Adele - Hemel Hempstead itself is a dull town but there are surounding areas of loveliness.

Phil said...

Nice pic good idea :)