Friday, July 02, 2010

Thirty Days In July

Yesterday felt very strange. I had been looking forward to a break and not feeling that I had to exercise but when it came to it I felt something was missing. It was not as though I had nothing to do, the day was full and I came back in the evening feeling more tired than most of the June days. It was just that I had the vague feeling that I had forgotten to do something ( the same sort of unsettling feeling you get when you have left the house and you cannot remember whether you had turned the cooker off).

The purpose of Juneathon, for me, was give impetus to a base training regime and bring some consistency to my exercise programme. Well the first part was achievable in one month, and was a success. The second part is what happens next.

How do I build on the momentum?

Part of me just wants to do the same again: have another 30 day exercise streak and it is possible - there are 30 days left in July. I can give it a go.

I will relax the rules about blogging and taking photos daily - there are no rules. All I want to do is maintain a pattern of steady exercise (without hard days that require recovery) to see if I can build up a fitness base.

Thirty days in July. That is all. Let’ see how it goes.

TDIJ day 1: run 6.92km, 40 min.

2 comments:

Adele said...

Good idea! I felt the same, it was very odd. We were stuck at home awaiting a parcel (which turned up at 7pm!) and felt very trapped. The good thing about Juneathon was that I would still have gone out at some point and blown those cobwebs away.

travellinghopefully said...

I like your thinking. I'm back to normal on monday and can't quite get my head around what happens next.