Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Photothon 22: In the shade


Run date 5 July

I wanted to give an idea of how quiet the running was. Clear skies, empty roads, peaceful villages. It is perfect country for putting in serious mileage, building up your strength and preparing for a long race.

With one proviso – you must either get up early or run late. On holiday running late is awkward because there are so many responsibilities related to eating, drinking and conversing. You therefore have to start early - and I was useless. Consistently I got up an hour later than I planned. Luckily the weather was a bit variable but on two days there was hot, hot heat and I am not good in the heat.

So on the run you look out for shady spots, and this is a very shady spot - but they do not last long. As my mind wandered I started making calculations, wondering if I wrung out all my clothes it would fill my water bottle or overflow it.

When you start thinking like that you know you are in trouble.

5 comments:

beanz said...

hmmm and the evening responsibilities make the morning run more difficult!

lovely pics though

Highway Kind said...

Yes Beanz life can be very complicated at times

Anonymous said...

Mmmm 'eating, drinking and conversing' that's what holidays are all about!

Highway Kind said...

Somehow I think we need to expand it out from holidays

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, we do try. Last week we got out a piece of gingham fabric and had 'afternoon tea' on the sofa...at 9pm!