Friday, January 29, 2010

Taking The Treadmill Out Of The Gym



I always like to keep up-to-date with the stupid; but sometimes I am a little behind the trend, so I apologise if this is old news.

At first I thought it was just an elaborate piece of whimsy but it is more than that: it is an elaborate piece of whimsy with added engineering. They have taken something jokey and made it solid. With me it would have been a pub conversation, an amusing concept conjured after a few beers that would have been lost in the evening’s haze.

I have a sneaky admiration for people who not only remember these ideas but also add real work. They make the world a brighter place.

We need more playfulness.

Bike Forest website shows they have a number of such silly projects - or kinetic sculptures, as I think the are called.

2 comments:

buryblue said...

I must admit I haven't seen it before quite an elaborate hoax presumably an april fools joke or something!

sue said...

it has to be a hoax ----


doesn't it?