Thursday, January 23, 2014

Resolve Gets Rewarded (Day 23)

Run - 8.4km, 34 minutes

I woke up this morning and it was pouring with rain. “Oh not again!” was my initial thought. “I don’t really want to go out in this. I need to find some excuse” Then I looked out the window and lo and behold  there was someone putting me to shame - running with complete disregard of the conditions.  I then had no alternative but to give myself a good talking to: “You cannot be so feeble. There is no excuse for being soft.”

I told myself that if I went out I would have an enormous sense of moral superiority and bask all day in the glory of showing resolve. So I forced myself get ready and go out of the door.  And then ..  well and then it stopped raining and the sun came out. 


There was no moral superiority and it was just an average run. But nevertheless it felt good.

No comments: