Wednesday, September 21, 2011

2011 Streak Day 234 (Tuesday Aug 23rd): Decay

2011 Streak Day 234 (Tuesday Aug 23rd): Run - 1.75 miles, Time -  17min, Weather - nondescript



There is a reason for the flower picture - it shows decay.

Most of my other picture have shown plants developing and then coming into to bloom - at the height of their powers, if you will. But this one shows that things do not last, they wither and then are gone.

Just like my ability to run. I am not sure if it ever came into to full flower but now everything seems to have gone. All my powers have withered.

I ran for less than 2 miles but felt desperate all the time. "End it!  End it!" my brain was screaming. Part of my conscious mind was saying "No the schedule says 5 miles we must go on" but the other half was saying "Oh what is the point. What is the point!"

There was no point. Going 5 miles would not have achieved anything, The 1.75 miles I ran achieved nothing. I crawled home and felt whipped.

What had happened? where had all my strength gone?

The rest of the day was spent in a fog of unknowing.

No comments: